Jonathan D Sweet Esq - Simple Review #1489722115

Terrible experience, Terrible Attorney! He lied and he LOST THE CASE! If you want to loose your Personal Injury Case in Boston Massachusetts or Providence Rhode Island Call Attorney Jonathan Sweet!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jonathan D Sweet Esq Personal Injury Attorney.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 16, 2017.

Jonathan D Sweet Esq - Simple Review #1480255590

1.9

I also hired attorney- lawyer Jonathan D Sweet from Boston Massachusetts. As the previous poster described Mr.Jon Sweet is very sweet, understanding.

But once you agree and sign up with him everything changes.

Long story short if I had the option to choose another attorney I would definetly not choose Jonathan Sweet! He also lost my case...

Product or Service Mentioned: Jonathan D Sweet Esq Personal Injury Attorney.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 27, 2016.

Jonathan D Sweet Esq Boston Attorney

I hired Jonathan D Sweet to represent me in 2 Personal Injury cases. While I was interviewing potential attorneys in Rhode Island Jonathan Sweet showed up on my google search. I spoke to Mr. Sweet and it seemed to me that he was a honest lawyer from Boston Massachusetts. Jonathan hounded me for several weeks regarding my cases. I finally agreed to meet with him face to face, ( he offered to come to Rhode Island and discuss with my wife and I) Mr. Sweet informed us that he would start with the bigger case and when that concludes he would represent us in the smaller case. He also informed us that the bigger case would be in $300 thousand dollar range.

After we decided to engage Mr. Jon Sweet we just waited. He told us everything was fine and it was going in the correct direction. About 1 year into the case Jon D Sweet informed me that I was going to be deposed first and then the other party and that the defendant might be at the deposition. Which I had no issue with . The defendant did not show up to he deposition it was us and his 2 attorneys.

The day came to depose the defendant and I was told Not to attend? I was not happy but I decided not to attend on the advise of my counsel.

Approximately 6 months after the deposition Mr. Sweet called stating I needed to find a structural engineer if I wanted to win the case. So obviously I was in shock isn't that what the attorney should do? So I had to find a structural engineer who would go to the site and write up any violations in building codes. Then when the engineer wanted to get paid for his work about $2000 Attorney Sweet asked me to pay it?? In our original agreement that we signed all expenses were to be paid by the attorney and he would be reimbursed if and when we settled.

We finally get our day in superior court Attorney Jonathan Sweet calls me the day before and states that I don't have to come because it's a routing hearing. Again I decided to take Jons advise and not attend the superior court hearing.

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT.....

I get a call from Attorney sweet after the hearing stating the judge threw out the case!!!!!

So here I am with over $100 thousand in medical bills and Attorney Sweet LOST THE CASE!!!

Word of advise if you are planning to hire attorney sweet . DONT!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jonathan D Sweet Esq Personal Injury Attorney.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 20, 2016.